http://konqueror4.linuxdevel.net/

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:31:22 BST 2007

First let me say thank you to all the developers (both paid and
volunteer) that put so much time and effort into making KDE what it
is.  With that being said, I hope the desire is still there to strive
to be even better.

I was hoping that it might be possible to revisit this mock-up that
was first posted last year.

http://konqueror4.linuxdevel.net/

With the controversial advent of dolphin, we now once again have a
dedicated fm.  The mockup claims to be centered on konqueror being a
web-browser, file manager, and document viewer.  However none of the
features of the mock-up are specific to web browsers.  In fact the
suggestion to remove the stop button seems to suggest the primary
focus should be on fm side.

Once KDE 4 is out the door, I am begging and hoping that many of the
concepts in this mock-up are now considered for dolphin, if not for
konqueror as well.

This design is clean, streamlined, versatile and powerful.  It jumps
out at you in its beauty and in many ways is really near perfect.

While I would very content to see this implemented almost exactly as
in the mock-up, even if that isn't the case, hopefully some of these
concepts/designs can be implemented in future releases.

-- T. J. Brumfield
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
--Douglas Adams
"Nihilism makes me smile."
--Christopher Quick