Swfdec/Konqi integration

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 18 23:57:35 BST 2007

> I'd like to apologize that I do not have any knowledge about the plugin
> business sofar, but from the name of the function it sounds more like it
> will
> be returning a boolean value, not information about the required
> toolkit+version.

Pretty much. There is a call about toolkits, but the problem is that the
detection works other way around --- the browser asks the plugin its
toolkit (with choices being Gtk1 and Gtk2![1]) and then may abort
embedding.

Though, to be honest, I find the entire thing unacceptable. I don't think
people should dictate what toolkits we will use.

[1] There is also the semi-political issue of mozilla 'owning' the spec.