Swfdec/Konqi integration

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 00:27:05 BST 2007

Hi Kevin,

2007/6/18, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:
[..]
> Awesome work!

Thanks :-)

> > :-) Anyhow it's a nice standin for nsplugin for the kde3 cycle for
> >
> > flash.
> > (haven't followed development in trunk, so maybe it's too late already)
>
> Well, if possible we should have an option for a plugin viewer for the 3.5
> series, since this is what "enterprise" distributions will be distributing
> for a while.

Only this one is for new style xembed types. So we may have two. And
its all mimetype based anyhow.

> One of the comments on Zack's blog about browser plugins suggested that the
> Mozilla/Firefox people might be interested in doing plugins out-of-process as
> well and could even consider shared work on the plugin runners.
>
> Therefore I tried to (didn't check the sources thoroughly) extract the D-Bus
> interfaces (see attachment) Koos used in the XML format used in D-Bus
> inttrospection and added a few comments.

Thanks. I hope you noticed it's more an ad-hoc interface now. Like you
indeed noticed the 'getUrlNotify' and also 'finish' are odd and based
on the fact that there is currently only one active stream. And
streams are worked out sequentially.
This should be changed to something like
'requestStream(streamid)'/destroyStream(streamid) for the plugin and
streamDone from the browser side kpart. Also the to stdin streaming
should be send in chunks containing a header of its size and streamid.
Data must be retrieved from the browser side for eg. auth. reasons,
though ideally I would like to stream directly from kioslaves of
course. Nevertheless, it's the xserver that uses most of the CPU w/
flash movies.

'evaluate' is the only blocking call and should therefor have a
non-blocking companion in case the result is not important. Btw. the
way js objects are ref'ed is rather hacky of course.

Anyhow, this all should evolve a bit by supporting various plugins.

Thanks for your comments,

Koos