Help with KJS

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Wed Jun 6 11:12:31 BST 2007

Hello,

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Tiwari Ankush-A19067 wrote:

> I am new to KJS and wanted some documentation on as to how the Java run
> time and contexts are created with KJS.

Do you talk about the Java or JavaScript runtime? These are different
things.

> Additionally, I am looking for some basic information on as to how much
> memory is used when we run a Javascript using the KJS engine.

That very much depends on what the script does, i.e. the complexity of the
script code and the number and type of objects it allocates.

Concrete memory consumption is best measured with a tool that intercepts
memory allocation and deallocation calls. Valgrind's "Massif" heap profile
will be of good help.

Which version of KJS do you want to use btw? The one from KDE 3.x or the
KDE 4 development version?

Harri.