JavaScript: Reading/Writing to TextArea with "innerText"

Stefan Eilers stefan.eilers at basyskom.de
Wed Jun 6 09:52:57 BST 2007

Hi!

At the moment I have some fun with extending konqueror to support a
special web service. Among other problems which still needs to be
fixed (like a proper support of iFrames), I had to add a feature
which seems to be supported by IE (see example "eingabefeld.html"
below). The example changes the attribute "innerText" within a
textarea. This patch adds reading and writing to a textarea which was
not available in the implementation in KDELibs 3.5.x. The
modification is quite simple, therefore I would like to ask whether
this modification is ok or not. In the latter case: It would be nice
to know what needs to be added to implement it the right way.

Every comment is welcome! Thanks in advance! :)

Mfg., Dr. Stefan Eilers
--

Dr.-Ing. Stefan Eilers
Projekt Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3968753 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 4213459
stefan.eilers at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer