webarchiver: Spaces or underscores in webarchive filenames?

Matthias G maps4711 at gmx.de
Tue Jul 10 21:35:12 BST 2007

Hi,

I got an email complaining that the webarchiver in KDE 3.4.2 uses
underscores in webarchive filenames, whereas in KDE 3.5.7 spaces are
used which causes trouble.

Interestingly, the KDE 3.5.7 there is a comment
in 'kdeaddons/konq_plugins/plugin_webarchiver.cpp' stating that
spaces are replaced by underscores, but the code is different.
In KDE 4.0 SVN the same comment exists, but this time spaces are
actually replaced by underscores.

Was there some discussion in the past regarding this issue? My opinion
is that spaces in filenames are perfectly valid, but I am not fixed
on that.

Greetings,

Matthias Grimrath