Localised directory names using the .directory files

Martin Böhm martin.bohm at kubuntu.org
Sun Jul 8 14:08:21 BST 2007

It's the flexibility that concerns me. AFAIK, the current
xdg-user-dirs proposal is limited to the subdirectories in the user's
home folder, whereas my proposal offers localisation of just about
every directory (even the system ones), if the distribution wants to
do so. Also, the feature I propose follows the current desktop entry
standard and it won't create any new configuration files (unlike the
xdg-user-dirs).

I was unaware of the fact that the xdg-user-dirs currently implements
directory translations. Still, my points about the flexibility and
following the standard seem to remain valid to me.

M.