Making konqueror remember sort order per directory

Staffan Hämälä sh at ltu.se
Wed Jan 24 12:59:35 GMT 2007

Eugene Nine wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 January 2007 12:02, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
>> If you're going to implement this, may I suggest that you make it remember
>> the view mode per directory too?
>>
> That already exists, the .directory file contains the view mode.

Yes, that feature is already there.

I have been wondering, though, if it would be possible to make it
remember the view mode of the trash bin as well. I always have to change
from "icon view" to "detailed list view" when I look in the trash bin,
as I usually want to view the sizes, and I think the list view is often
more useful. Not that I want it as the global default though.

A .directory file in trash:/ would just be deleted with the rest, so
that would not be very useful. But maybe it would be possible to have
konqueror read the .directory file directly under the .Trash-uid
directory (and not in the files/info directories)...

Just a thought. Nothing that I would see as an important feature, but,
still, it would be a nice thing. :-)

--S