Font size problems in Konqueror

Jan Krajicek j.krajicek at atlas.cz
Thu Feb 22 22:36:52 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm having a strange issue with font sizes in Konqueror: I have set minimum
font size to 12, and average font size also to 12.  This seems to work as
expected everywhere but wikipedia and similar sites, for some
reason, "normal" font size there looks more like 16.

Here's a screenshot from visiting Planet Debian, fonts look just as I want
them:
<http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4382/planetdebianik3.png>

Now compare this to a screenshot from wikipedia:
<http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4820/wikipediapn7.png>

I haven't changed the font size or anything else, but the fonts are HUGE.
Trying to make the fonts smaller using control-minus hotkey doesn't do
anything.
Another wiki example: <http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/277/wiki2gz6.png>

As I said, this only happens on these wiki-like sites, everywhere else I
have yet visited it looks OK.

Right now I'm using a user CSS override as workaround:
* { font-size: 12pt !important; }
This, however, also forces larger headers etc. to 12pt, and since there yet
seems to be no way to set domain- or site-specific user CSS (please correct
me if I'm wrong), I have to apply this to everything.

Is that a bug, or am I doing something silly?  Any ideas for a better
workaround?

(All this on Konqueror 3.5.5 from current Debian unstable package, ver.
4:3.5.5a.dfsg.1-6, i386)

--
Jan Krajicek