kjas having problem with a java applet under HTTPS protocol

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 22:20:06 GMT 2007

Hi,

Now if everybody would write bugreports like you :-).

Anyhow,

2007/2/17, Thibaut DELACHAUX <delachaux at free.fr>:

[..]

> My Java configuration under Konqueror is :
> Use the security manager = Yes
> Stop applet server if inactive = Yes
> Use KIO = Yes

Good, that is required most of the time.

[..]

>  Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.kde.kjas.server.KJASHttpURLConnection cannot be cast to
> javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection

Okay, I think we should change the base class of
KJASHttpURLStreamHandler to javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection.

I cannot reproduce this w/ jdk1.5, but checking java docs, this class is already
in jdk1.4, so I don't see any harm.
If you have a checkout of kdelibs, you can try it in

kdelibs/khtml/java/org/kde/kjas/server/KJASURLStreamHandlerFactory.java
line 559, change URLStreamHandler to the above one.

Thanks and regards,

Koos