Please view: about:blank fix

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 10 23:29:05 GMT 2007

On Saturday 10 February 2007, Harri Porten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm can't fully follow report http://bugs.kde.org/139248 but I can confirm
> that other browsers have location.href="about:blank" and
> location.pathname="" for windows openend by window.open() and
> window.open("about:blank").
>
> I'd like to apply the attached patch that handles this special case but
> I'm not fully certain about it as I don't know where about:blank is turned
> into an empty KURL.
>
> Harri.

KonqMainWindow::openURL takes care of loading the right part for about:blank.
So I guess this change might break "other web browsers" built around khtml
if they don't implement support for about:blank. Not sure how realistic this is
though, and how much we need to care about that, given that this is a valid bugfix.

For the case of frames, KHTMLPart::processObjectRequest handles about:blank
so no problem there.