kfm-devel Digest, Vol 47, Issue 7

Anirudh Sanjeev prototype.angel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 11:52:05 GMT 2007

On 2/9/07, David Faure wrote:

> Remember those menus in MSOffice which keep changing all the time, based
> on what you used recently? A nightmare.
> The fact that I didn't use "Save as" for the last 10 days doesn't mean I
> want my File to completely hide "Save as",
> I will need it at some point...

I don't mean that, It means that if you're working with something, the menus
are dynamic to the context of the work that you're doing. Like if you're in
a filebrowser and you're in a dir with photos, you'll see lots of menu items
which work with photos etc.

and msoffice never "completely hides" any option, you just need to hover
around that menu for a bit longer. I'd love to see it in kde too. A little
less klutter wouldn't be too much of trouble.

And one more thing. If you don't like the feature of auto hide in msoffice,
you can use openoffice ;)

--
Contact:
http://www.anirudhsanjeev.org