Konqueror and USB key bookmarks?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Feb 9 09:42:40 GMT 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007, steve.goodey at bt.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong list. I have done a search on google and in this
> lists archives but haven't been able to find an answer.
>
> Is it possible for Konqueror to use a bookmarks file on a USB key? I use
> portable Firefox on a USB key and I would like it so that Konqueror uses the
> same bookmarks file as Firefox on the USB key, is this possible?

If your usb key is always there when you start konqueror, you can just make ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror
a symlink to a directory on the usb key. (Not just bookmarks.xml, since when saving it would save locally,
so the whole dir has to be a symlink).

Otherwise you can use the saveas / import features of the bookmarks editor but that's
a more manual solution.