KDE/kdelibs/khtml

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue Feb 6 09:02:53 GMT 2007

Le Lundi 05 Février 2007 19:23, Leo Savernik a écrit :
> Am Montag, 5. Februar 2007 schrieb Germain Garand:
> > A simple "page scaling" zoom à la Opera.
> > For now, it replaces the font scaling action,
>
> Does it also take over the Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- shortcuts?

Yes, I replaced the feature wholesale because the API used was better suited
for a real zoom.

I'm still not sure how to express that difference in the API though...
It seems to me the most prominent difference (apart from replaced objects
scaling) between the two zoom mode is how page fit to screen or not.

So font-scaling mode could be expressed either as a fit-to-width zoom mode, or
just an "increase/decrease font size" command (which is a good thing to have
too IMO, as in most situations you don't care about image scaling at all).

I tend to prefer the latter, as fancy fit-to-width option could be implemented
in the other zoom mode too... so I'm tempted to go with

  void setFontSizesScale(int percent)
  int fontSizesScale() const

with just similar effects as the old

  void setZoomFactor(int percent)
  int zoomFactor() const

> This would be a
> usability issue. Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- must always apply to the font size zoom,
> never to the page zoom by default.

Probably but what makes you so peremptory about that?

Opera uses it's zooming with ctrl++/ctrl+-, but I agree that it's less
invasive, as it's a mixed mode zoom that does attempt to fit-to-width for a
certain zoom range (I'm experimenting with that too).

Nevertheless I think zooming is best suited for ctr + mousewheel, where zoom
could be made to center on the node under mouse, making for a nice
instinctive zooming.

> On the bright side, can we now implement the ms-css "zoom" property?

can you elaborate on that? what is it up to?

Greetings,
Germain