Clear Web History and KDE Control Center

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Dec 26 22:11:48 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > Yeah. I think the best solution would be a new DCOP (DBus) method call
> > that the KCM calls in one konqueror instance. Then that instance would do
> > the above
> > and take care of the saving.

I changed my mind. This would work well... except that it breaks if no konqueror
is running (but then the current code breaks too).

So sweeper (cf below) should just delete the file after emitting notifyClear. Easy, in fact :-)
Done.

> >> I suppose then the best thing for would indeed be to just remove
> >> the check as suggested... Seems like 4.0 behaves the same.
> >
> > Actually I can't find the "privacy" module anywhere in trunk !?!?
>
> Good point... I only looked at konq/libkonq code. This happened:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=112789066730068&w=2
> and then this:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=112881565227914&w=2

Wow, kdeutils/sweeper, I would have never guessed; thanks a lot for the research.