HTTPS informative colouring of address/URI entry vs. "bright on dark" colour schemes.

Wolfgang Draxinger wdraxinger at darkstargames.de
Sat Dec 22 20:36:36 GMT 2007

Hello Konqueror developers,

I just noticed, that the HTTPS informative colouring (light yellow)
is problematic, if one has installed a inverted (i.e. bright text
on dark background) colour scheme. I for myself have such a scheme
set, as it puts less strain on the eyes when working a lot with
graphics stuff (digital photography, video editing, 3D modelling).
However it brings with it, that I cannot read the URLs of HTTPS
connections, as I then got white text on brigt yellow in the
address entry bar.

It would be great, if it were possible to set the HTTPS informative
background colour somewhere, or if the text colour would be set,
too, so that the URLs stay readable.

Greetings and keep up the good work

Wolfgang

P.S.: I'm not subscribed to kfm-devel at kde.org, so please CC awnsers
to my e-mail address.

P.P.S.: I'm too lazy to search the Konqueror source code for where
the HTTPS informative colouring happens, but if someone tells me
where to find it, I'd write a small patch, hardsetting the text
colour to black.