Suggestions for Konqueror

Gregor Flesch gregor.flesch at web.de
Sun Dec 16 08:50:37 GMT 2007

Hello,

First let me tell you that Konqueror is one of the best pieces of
software I ever encountered. I really like to use it for file browsing,
FTP and internet.

But anyway, here are two small suggestions to improve the file browsing
features of Konqueror even more. If this is not the right place for
suggestions, please email me and tell me where to post them (Im NOT
suscribed in the mailing list). I am using Konqueror 3.5.6 (Kubuntu
Feisty Fawn 7.04)

  - Last opened file:
For example, if I have a folder full of pdf's and open one of them (with
kpdf), have a look and close it again by pressing the "back" button in
the icon bar. In this situation, I have no clue which file I have opened
if I do not remember the exact file name. If the names are similar (e.g.
script-1.pdf, script-2.pdf, ...) this is kind of annoying.
Konqueror should mark the file which I opened recently somehow.

  - Printing multiple files
If I want to print a bunch of files, it would be nice if I can just mark
them in the folder, and print them by right clicking and select a "Print
all" option in the context menu. Of course, this cannot be possible for
all file types, but at least for .pdf and plain text files this should
be possible.

Thanks for your great work,

Gregor