Problems with KHTMView (and KHTMLPart) constructors

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 18 12:02:48 GMT 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le Lundi 17 Décembre 2007 11:09, Eeli Kaikkonen a écrit :
> > On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Germain Garand wrote:
> > > We are not going to change the API at this point, but please check if the
> > > attached patch may address your concerns.

Hi Germain,
thanks for taking care of this; patch looks good to me.

Sorry about the KHTMLView (KHTMLGlobal-related) breakage, I had no idea that
it was possible to create a view before a part...

> > One note about the unit test: it doesn't test the init list
> > constructing. That should be added, I think. Maybe that would have
> > cought also the bug I now found...
>
> Indeed. Updated patch attached...

Another note about the unit test: it has m_view and m_part member vars but they are
used only from within one method; I think it's dangerous to have those as members.