New tag

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Dec 16 09:06:27 GMT 2007

On Saturday 15 December 2007 22:59, Sandeep Sarat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to add a custom html tag to khtml.
>
> It would be great if you can provide some pointers or if there is any
> existing documentation about khtml.

It's not easy. You need to add it to the list in misc/htmltags.in, describe
its content model in html/dtd.cpp, parse it in html/htmlparser.cpp and
finally create an implementation of its functionality in a new class derived
from HTMLElementImpl.

Of course if you are using KDE 4, it already has the ability to parse custom
HTML tags. They have no style or functionality, but you can add that with CSS
and JavaScript. That is probably a whole lot easier.

Regards
`Allan