KDE4 file dialog

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Fri Aug 31 17:17:59 BST 2007

Hi Rafael,

[...]
> I'd go for b) solution. Without any doubt. This would also make
> cleaner the API of our kdelibs. I have asked lxr:
>
> http://lxr.kde.org/ident?i=KDirOperator
>
> for files asking for KDirOperator. That doesn't mean they're calling
> setView(), but in the worst case is not a _huge_ list.

I've checked all implementations listed by
http://lxr.kde.org/ident?i=KDirOperator. The only changes that access
KDirOperator::view() and KDirOperator::setView() and need to be adapted are:

- KDE/kdesdk/kate/filebrowser/katefileselector.cpp:
  dir->view()->setSelectionMode(...)

- extragear/graphics/kuickshow/src/filewidget.cpp:
  view()->items()->getFirst();

That's really less and indicates that this interface is used very rarely. And
even if this interface is used, I think it absolutely makes more sense for
KDE4 application developers to be able to set any kind of QAbstractItemView
instead of the need of implementing the KFileView interface...

Best regards,
Peter