file-open/file-save dialog for KDE 4.0

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Sun Aug 19 15:57:38 BST 2007

Hello,

I wanted to check whether someone intends to polish the file-open/file-save
dialog (KFileDialog, KFileWidget, ...) for KDE 4.0? If nobody objects, I'd
try to do some minor improvements starting at the end of August.

From my point of view the following things should be fixed:

- KFileItemDelegate should be used for the short view and details view for
having a consistent look with Konqeror and Dolphin.

- The width of the "Quick Access Navigation Panel" is fixed. From my point of
view it should be adjustable (especially as the new KDE 4 places-view adjusts
the size of its icons automatically to the available width).

- Should the KUrlNavigator be used instead of the KUrlComboBox (I'm aware that
my opinion is not objective here ;-))? If the answer is 'yes', then for sure
it should be remembered whether the breadcrumb view has been used or
the "traditional view".

Are there any objections about those points?

Thanks!
Peter