nspluginviewer priority on newer linux kernel

Konrad Rzepecki hannibal at astral.lodz.pl
Thu Aug 16 23:49:41 BST 2007

Dnia czwartek, 16 sierpnia 2007, Thiago Macieira napisaƂ(a):

> Do plugins inform nspluginviewer what they are doing? I mean, do they
> inform "I am doing downloads" or "I am playing video"?

Yes, a least in "I'm doing downloads" case. This is made by getUrl plugin
function (I think), which are delivered by nspluginviewer. So each plugin
thread could set somewhere last download time. This is enough information for
main thread to renice...

But this is not necessery. Downloading isn't very sensitive to cpu starvation.
I create this only becuse you mention something about it earlier ;-)

> The only solution is to renice all non-visible nspluginviewers to the same
> level.

This should be OK, since it resolve main problem and give enough cpu power to
active plugins on haevy load system.

--
  Konrad Rzepecki (Hannibal)