XEmbed-aware NPAPI Plugins?

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Tue Apr 17 04:35:17 BST 2007

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans to adapt Konqueror (now KFM?) to use XEmbed to
> instantiate NPAPI plugins (such as the Flash Player)?

If anyone is interested in adding XEmbed plugin support to Konqueror, I
have published a simple, XEmbed-aware, open source, NPAPI plugin:

   http://multimedia.cx/diamondx/

I'm hoping this can help bridge the gap between Linux web browsers and
the Flash plugin. This first release addresses XEmbed and events.
Eventually, I hope it will be a testbench for making windowless plugins
a reality in Unix browsers.

--
	-Mike Melanson