terminal emulator in File Management

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Sep 18 12:57:39 BST 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 11:08, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> In the old days, when I opened a Terminal Emulator in the File Management
> Profile, there was a little box that I could uncheck to disconnect it from
> navigation in the tree and detail view panels. For a couple of KDE
> versions that box has been removed and now all navigation is echoed in the
> terminal panel. Why did it go away, and how can I get it back?

You are right, this has changed some time ago. It's not a linked view anymore,
but a passive view which follows the active view - much like the sidebar treeview.

To be honest I think that this change was done without thinking of the terminal emulator;
it made things simpler for the sidebar treeview, but indeed it makes things unflexible
with the terminal emulator.

I guess this needs to be made configurable, either in konqueror or in konsole.
But konqueror is generic (which is why the changes made to the sidebar tree also
affected the konsole part), so here's a patch that makes it configurable in konsole.
Add this to ~/.kde/share/config/konsolepartrc :
[Desktop Entry]
open urls=false