Konqueror 4

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon Oct 30 19:45:24 GMT 2006

Am Montag, 30. Oktober 2006 12:23 schrieb David Faure:
> My own usability study
> (i.e. discussing my wife ;)  ) shows that this is a good solution, even
> better than we do now: for people who want an actual webbrowser window,
> without directory sidebar, this new solution is even faster than "click on
> konqueror-webbrowser icon in panel, then type url in new window". And
> vice-versa, we can open a filemanager window when typing a directory-like
> url (local or remote) in a web window.

Some problems I see with this approach are:
- It takes way more time to fire up a new konqueror window than to load
content in the same window.
- It takes away control from the user. Typically, urls are loaded in the
window the url has been typed into, and users expect this. Especially for
remote urls it's not clear whether they convey directory-like or content-like
semantics.

mfg
	Leo