State of Unity/WebKit..

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Mon Oct 30 15:13:30 GMT 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 7:16 am, Stefan Eilers wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are very interested to do some work for KHtml on Qt4. Now it was
> launched as Unity and the patches are integrated into WebKit, which
> is a promising situation.
> To get a first overview, I would like to ask some questions and would
> be very happy if somebody would answer them:
>
> 1. The CMakefiles.txt has some dependencies to KDE. Why they are
> needed? What are the needed components for WebKit?

As of right now, they are needed for:

1. The networking layer and resource loader --> KIO
2. Some GUI bits like popping up error/script dialogs --> KMessageBox, etc

The dependencies are minimal and can and should be separated into a KDE only
platform target... in the future Qt platform should be free of KDE
dependencies.

> 2. What is currently missing? Where are the blank spots?

I'll leave this to others.