Konqueror 4

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Mon Oct 30 14:40:15 GMT 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 15:26, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Saturday 28 October 2006 01:20, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >  - navigation (breadcrumbing, drop zones, integrated search)
>
> Nice idea, but I don't see any reason to replace the locationbar.
> Typing in a location is the fastest way to get to place and we for this
> very simple reason it would be folly to throw it away.
> So instead of this HELL*-inspired breadcrumb bar, we should have
> locationbar with active parts so you can click on any part of the path,
> and drag to any parts of it.

Irix customized Motif toolkit used to have a "path" widget...

The widget looked almost like a regular lineedit, but it had clickable bars
over the parts of the path. You can still edit the path manually, and also
could work. It did not get in my way at the time, anyway.

If it is needed, the clickable bars could be used to browse directories at
upper level, at least for local filesystems.

Luciano

--
                                                            \\ //