Konqueror 4

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Oct 28 23:50:26 BST 2006

On Saturday 28 October 2006 21:39, Mark Rose wrote:
> I do all my non-CLI file management via the location bar. To access
> anything, I simply type where I want to go. Granted, this is definitely not
> novice friendly, but I find the sidebar a waste of screen realestate for
> how I go about things (though in cases it's obviously more convenient).

Same here, but I have a strong feeling that this is a usability/layout problem
in fact. When I still used Windows XP at work I *always* had the sidebar
enabled, while in Konq I consistently _disable_ the sidebar instead because
it feels big, clunky, and inconvenient.

So far I would like to give the KDE 4 sidebar a second chance, it must be
possible to get it 'right'.

(And the oneliner below is random. Really. :) )

--
Martijn

If at first you don't succeed, the heck with it.