Konqueror 4

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sat Oct 28 09:31:43 BST 2006

Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2006 01:20 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:

Hi Aaron,

> the more i look at konqueror the more i wonder if we'll be able to truly
> pull off a "browser and a manager" application. the paradigms are so
> fundamentally different .......

> one example is the location bar. it makes all the sense in the world to
> have a fully editable url bar as we do now for a browser (e.g. a web
> browser). but is it the most ergonomic thing in a file manager? hm.

Well, I think it is most useful. Why do you think that a fully editable
location bar is useless for filemanaging tasks?

> so the big question is: one browser+manager or one browser and one manager?

I guess we need some more indepth reasearch from HCI people.

I regularily experience that Windows users are actually confused that explorer
and Internet explorer are two different programs and they don't understand
why they cant use c&p or d&d between IE/ftp and the local filesystem /
explorer. What makes things even more confusing is that the Windows explorer
has _some_ networking capailities too.

Yours,
-- martin

--