KHTML Standards Support

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Oct 20 12:39:59 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 20 Octobre 2006 12:22, Allan Sandfeld Jensen a écrit :
> On Friday 20 October 2006 07:34, John Gutierrez wrote:
> > FYI,
> >
> > The web site below shows how well the latest browsers support web
> > standards. I noticed that in many cases KHTML numbers are not shown.  Is
> > this something KHTML developers would be interested in seeing updated?
> >

> > http://www.webdevout.net/browser_support_summary.php?IE7=on&FX2=on&OP9=on
> >&K N3_5=on&SF2=on&uas=CUSTOM
>
> Not really, the site is heavily biased towards Firefox and not a particular
> fair comparison of browsers.

It does look biased, but it could be merely accidental (e.g. tests being
designed on this browser, so naturally leaning toward this particular
interpretation of specification).

Overal, it still looks useful. The tests could be more fine grained but at
least the failures are properly documented and provide valuable feedback (cf.
information popups on incompletely passed tests).

mmh, still there are obvious mistakes (e.g. they say we don't support :lang(X)
selector) so it makes one wonder.

Greetings,
Germain