Update on: konqueror cannot see files in Kodak Easyshare C340

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sun Oct 15 09:24:26 BST 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 23:00:29 PM +0200, io (mfioretti at mclink.it) wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have this digital camera which is recognized by Suse 10.1
[...]
> if I type camera:/ in konqueror, instead, I *can* see the folders on
> the camera, but they look empty. Speficically, I can navigate in
> konqueror till to the folder
>
> "camera://Kodak C340@[usb:]/store_00010001/DCIM"
>
> but clicking on it I get either "could not read file
> /store_000100001/DCIM" or just an empty window. At the prompt where I

If I type "media:/" in konqueror, instead, I do not get an USB drive
icon. I get a camcorder icon with the caption "USB Imaging interface".
When I go into it, I see the folder, but clicking on that just yelds:

An error occurred while loading media:/camera/store_00020001:

Unknown error
Could not lock the device

and these errors at the command prompt where I launched Konqueror

kio_media: WARNING: KLocale: trying to look up "" in catalog. Fix the program
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data

What can this be?

Can I run other tests to figure out what is happening? Which ones?

Thanks,
	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73