Improve Konqueror performances with KDE_NO_IPV6=TRUE?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sat Oct 14 10:20:19 BST 2006

Greetings,

I've read in several web pages that one of the ways to make Konqueror
run faster is to add KDE_NO_IPV6=TRUE to /etc/environment. Those
pages, however, are quite old.

I'd like to know first of all _why_ such a setting would speed up
Konqueror, and if you find it still true on your distribution (I've
found no real difference on a SUSE 10.1 machine).

Any other tip for speeding up the latest version of Konqueror are also
appreciated.

TIA,
	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73