Dolphin roadmap

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Mon Nov 27 19:51:53 GMT 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 10:45 pm, Peter Penz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As Dolphin is now part of kde playground, we (David Faure, Ellen Reitmayr,
> Kevin Ottens, Holger Freyther, Florian Grässle and myself) discussed a
> rough roadmap. The output can be downloaded at
> http://enzosworld.gmxhome.de/download/dolphin-roadmap.pdf
>
> Any input is welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

1.3 Are you moving from being a list based file manager to a tree?  You
mentioned Fredrik's itemdelegate, can you give some more details on this?
You seemed very proud of your list way of looking at the file manager.

Anyone know of a valid reason why one might want a "loadable sidebars"?

1.7 seemed very slim.  Search is a key aspect of the future of file managers.
It shouldn't be some put off thing that someone else is working on for
something else, it should be in house.

Was HAL integration, scripting, or tool integration brought up at the meeting?

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox
Public Key: http://www.icefox.net/public_key.asc