Sending HTML to konqueror from the command line (via a named pipe)

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 02:52:22 GMT 2006

Thanks for the responses!  Some comments interspersed below:

On Friday 24 November 2006 06:46 am, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 24 November 2006 09:15, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Randy Kramer wrote:
> > > I've been able to send HTML to firefox and
> > > lynx from the command line (via a named pipe).
> > >
> > >I can't get the same thing to work with konqueror.

> > No solution. This requires a change in the MIME type handler (because it
> > detects as inode/fifo instead of text/html). It also requires a change in
> > kio_file, because that one opens only regular files.
>
> It seems to be possible to work around the first problem by explicitly
> specifying a MIME type
>
> kfmclient exec foo.html text/html

Did this work for you?  It didn't work for me.  I got the same sort of
"infinite loop" I got earlier--the "Open with" dialog comes up and asks me
what application I want to open the file (pipe) with, I choose konqueror, and
the dialog comes up again, ad infinitum.

> Maybe using netcat and one of KIO's "remote" protocols could be used
> instead

I'll look for a netcat rpm for Mandriva2006, but any further hints would be
very welcome.

Thanks again!

Randy Kramer