Summary of results from akademy user tests >> url bars in file dialogs

Ellen Reitmayr ellen at kde.org
Fri Nov 17 19:09:10 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 18:13, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Freitag, 17. November 2006 17:02 schrieb Ellen Reitmayr:
> > heya,
> > i finally summarised some of the results from the usability test on url
> > bars in file dialogs @ akademy.
>
> Did you also apply this usability research on the existing KDE file picker?
> Otherwise we don't know where KDE's existing solution already excels.

no, we didn't apply it to the existing dialog because there wasn't really
anything in it we wanted to test which wasn't in one of the other versions
(icon view in benjamin's dialog, url edit could be obtained in both
benjamin's and the gnome dialog. was used for hidden files only).

also, the primary goal of the test was to see if benjamin should continue his
work on the vista-like url bar, all other observations were goodies 8-)

/el

--
Ellen Reitmayr
KDE Usability Project