Suggestion for Konquerer developers and delivering "stripped" releases

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 13 16:38:18 GMT 2006

On Monday 13 November 2006 9:19, Yan Seiner wrote:
> To this day I have not been able to get a clean answer on where to put
> the konq/e configuration files and what goes in them.

does konq/e not use kconfig? if it does, then this is an "implementation
detail". if you wish to know more about how kconfig works and puts files
around:

http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/fsh.php

is there anything missing from the above? suggestions? patches?

> AFAICT there is absolutely *no* documentation for an advanced user or
> occasional developer.

developer.kde.org and the sysadmin area make this claim hyberbole.

that said, if you have questions as a developer, the best place to ask is
either kde-devel at kde.org or even on irc on the freednode network in
#kde-devel.

> users and full time developers, have absolutely no reference.

the issue as i see it is two fold:

 - there isn't a clear enough "start here, go there" interface to our
information that makes it easy to find things

 - our high level developer documentation is far from complete

does this match your experience/impression?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se