usability testing of breadcrumb

Michael S. Mikowski mmikowski at valueclick.com
Sat Nov 4 22:47:49 GMT 2006

Hi Aaron:

We should all appreciate you are doing usability testing.  Here are some
articles you may find either old news or inspiring or interesting:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041117091141/mpt.phrasewise.com/discuss/msgReader$173
http://web.archive.org/web/20041011173853/mpt.phrasewise.com/discuss/msgReader$182

The main point seems to be that coders start coding first whereas usability
experts design first.  Much credit should go to you and others who are taking
the latter approach -- and for those usability experts who are getting
involved in KDE and other open source projects these days.

Your progress sounds encouraging.  I would be interested to see what
uninitiated users between location bar, "crumby bar," and bread crumbs.

By "crumby bar" I'm referring to the SGI widget discussed earlier that looks
something like this:

 /home/frank/document

I'm sorry I can't help code the "crumby bar" as I don't do C++/KDE/QT, at
least not yet.  Unless someone more capable than I can step up and create it,
I can't complain.

Again, thanks for testing, and here's to having usability win!

Cheers,

Mike

--
Michael S. Mikowski