Konqueror 4

Michael S. Mikowski mmikowski at valueclick.com
Wed Nov 1 17:43:40 GMT 2006

Hi Randy:

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 06:01, Randy Kramer wrote:
> [...]
> given:
> /usr/local/bin
> -----|------|---|
>
> say I click on (under) local, I should move to /usr/local, but keep the
> entire
>
> /usr/local/bin
> -----|------|---|
>
> visible, so I can later click under bin to get moved back to
> /usr/local/bin.
> [...]

One could do something like this when in /usr/local ...

/usr/local/bin

But I'm not sure if I like it.  I'm concerned about the misalignment between
what one sees on the screen and what is in the location bar.  Currently, if
we're in /usr/bin, we see /usr/bin in the location bar.  End of story.  This
is a strong paradigm with which people are very familiar.

If we keep the whole path, /usr/bin/lame/src might show while we're
in /usr/bin.  That would probably be confusing.  Highlighting what's shown
might help, but probably not enough :)

Cheers,

Mike