Konqueror slow with bigger images

Hasso Tepper hasso at kde.org
Sat May 20 17:59:33 BST 2006

I got my desktop with Nvidia card working with acceptable performance.
Switch to binary nvidia driver (version 8756) helped. So, source of the
problem seems to be hardware/X though. That explains why some users have
problem, but some don't. Mga case I have in another desktop might be
regression in X as well.

But actual problem remains - there is no problem with any other browser or
application in these machines where konq has problem (tested firefox and
opera). Seems that all machines using nv (open source) driver have
problem regardless of X version (not everyone is using linux ;).

regards,

--
Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team