Konqueror slow with bigger images

Hasso Tepper hasso at kde.org
Fri May 19 10:49:55 BST 2006

Dirk Mueller wrote:
> which gfx hardware is that? radeon? The "speedup patches" for
> alpha-blended images that have gone into 3.5 tree have caused awful
> regressions there.

Problem appears with all three computers I have, all with different
graphic cards - Matrox G450 (mga), ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 M10 (radeon)
and GeForce4 MX 440. All have uptodate Debian unstable (xorg 7.0), but
only the one with Matrox have KDE from packages. I remember that at least
this one didn't have problem before, but I'm not sure what triggered
appearance of the problem. Might be Xorg upgrade in unstable. But ...

The machine with Nvidia has KDE4 snapshot installed as well and no problem
there either - scrolling and resizing is smooth without any slowdown.

> revert  r502582 and try again.

Doesn't revert cleanly ;). Will look at it later ...

regards,

--
Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team