Enhancing Konqueror

Charles A. Landemaine landemaine at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 19:01:11 GMT 2006

Hello, here's a list of features I suggest could be added to Konqueror:

 - A Wand: Click a wand icon, and Konqueror auto-fills for you the
form with your login and password and submits the form automatically
(pretty neat)

 - A Google/Wikipedia search field next to the location bar such as in
Opera or Firefox.

 - Make the .html handled by default by Konqueror so that when you
click a link, the page doesn't load in Kate.

 - A Session-saver: You can save the current session with the open
tabs, and re-open these tabs later on. Also you can auto-save current
session on exit so that if you close Konqueror and re-open it, you
don't loose the last pages you visited

 - Use more cache memory: When you hit "Back" or "Forward", Konqueror
doesn't need to reload the pages. Just reload from cache, and it
becomes as fast as Opera.

 - Close tab button should be on the tab (on the right), and not in
the corner, it's more convenient

 - Web site icon should be on the tab on the right

 - New tab button

 - Open new windows in new tabs

 - Default smart pop up blocker

 - Authorized pop ups open in new window

 - Home URL should be blank

 - Mouse gestures like Opera (I'm missing them so much)

 - Activate previous used tab when closing the current tab

 - Disable "Focus Window" in JS

 - Web shortcuts: add 'g' for Google, add also 'pbi' to look for
applications on the PBIDir

 - Use cache whenever possible

 - Dock the download manager into Konqueror (having the download
manager poping up is extremely annoying).

 - Toggle on/off style-sheet for current page

 - Switch user-agent for current page (for web sites that reject Konqueror)

 - Support for AJAX version of Gmail:
http://mail.google.com/mail/?nocheckbrowser

Thank you.