Konqueror makes FAM / Gamin go nuts

Dik Takken D.H.J.Takken at phys.uu.nl
Sun Mar 12 15:55:33 GMT 2006

Ok, I did some more investigation, and I found that Konq is not the only
process that can drive Gamin to insanity. Kile can do it too. Maybe any
KDE application that watches files can cause problems??

I also found that when Gamin goes nuts, .xsession-errors contains lots and
lots of these messages:

end from FAM server connection
invalid length 24902
invalid length 24902
invalid length 24902
invalid length 24902
end from FAM server connection
invalid length 24902
invalid length 24902
invalid length 24902
invalid length 24902

What process is producing these messages?