disappearing frames

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Mar 10 12:37:59 GMT 2006

Le Jeudi 09 Mars 2006 20:19, Eva Brucherseifer a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> when using Konq/E on a very small display (small height), there is a
> problem which also appears with the desktop version of Konqueror. So I hope
> you can give me some input no how to tackle the problem:
>
> Go to this webpage:
> https://www.dresdner-privat.de
> reduce the height of konqueror, until minheight
> => at this point the frame is totally gone and there is no way to scroll
> down.
>
> As the window on our device is always small, it is never possible to
> scroll.
>
> Is it possible to somehow set a min height to the frame? Or to the khtml
> widget? The first option would be better of course.

mmh, it would seem to me that what you want is having a minimum size on an
entire frameset, no? (because a root frameset is always sized to the viewport
dimension anyway, so you would not be able to scroll).

If so, all you need is to patch RenderFrameSet::layout()'s first lines either
to set m_height = max(your-hardcoded-minimum-height, viewportHeight), or to
honour a css specified setting from the default stylesheet through a call to
calcHeight(), but that might allow too much... so you should restrain
m_height again afterward, e.g
calcHeight;
m_height = kMax(m_height, theViewportHeight)

also, you should probably fix khtmlview to allow srollbars on framesets... I
think we turn them off always in this case.

Greetings,
Germain