kdom and khtml integration

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Mar 6 14:12:00 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 21:32, Andras Mantia wrote:
[...]

> >> - the KDOM tree nodes must be extensible (they should be able to hold
> >> extra information)
> >
> > That will definately be possible, just like the NodeImpl contains
> > pointers to the RenderObject, we can also supply nodes with "UserData".
>
> Yes, this is needed, as  - for example - we need some kind of information
> about the position of the node in the document itself.

This particular need will be taken care of by KDOM out of the box, due to that
DOM 3 Core supplies this feature. I will probably look at it at /some point/,
due to it being close to my work(XQuery/XSL-T). I think it will be
implemented by a dictionary in DocumentImpl, mapping 'NodeImpl *' to
DOMLocator instances.

So, Quanta doesn't need to implement at what file, line, and column a certain
node occurs. However, you still need an extension mechanism for your other
stuff, of course.

Cheers,

		Frans