kdom and khtml integration

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Mar 6 14:03:22 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 21:16, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
[...]

> > - the KDOM tree nodes must be extensible (they should be able to hold
> > extra information)
>
> That will definately be possible, just like the NodeImpl contains pointers
> to the RenderObject, we can also supply nodes with "UserData".

I don't think DOMUserData will work for that. It's a feature exposed to
ECMAScript applications meaning that if a script is loaded which exercises
that particular feature of DOM 3 Core, Quanta blows up.

Quanta isn't a DOM application, it is a DOM "environment", as I see it.

There have been 3-4 threads on quanta-devel about KDOM integration. From my
understanding, Quanta wants to sub-class the tree and add data and function
members. That is, to exercise a classic object oriented approach.

Cheers,

		Frans