kdom and khtml integration

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 16:41:51 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 17:04, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> >  There won't be a KDOM
> > in kdelibs at all - we will integrate within khtml.
>
> So there will not be any DOM implementation that can be used by other apps
> and it will be integrated the same way as the current DOM implementation is
> with KHTML?
>
> Andras

Hi Andras,

that's not correct this way :-) We will offer new interfaces (basically
stuff like KDOMParser/KDOMDocumentBuilder) to build DOM trees
ie. from some remote url or local file (KIO), from in-memory buffers etc.

That means, you don't need to have a KHTMLPart loaded at all, but
can directly use the "future khtml" (after the kdom integration)
to just use the DOM stuff (for example: w/o any rendering involved)

After my last exam Monday, I want to start working on these things
ASAP, so I can actually show code which demonstrates how the
new "khtml" should/will work in future.

Hope that clarifies the situation a bit.  :-)

Bye
 Bye
  Niko