File attribute preservation on copy as default request (especially for digital cameras!)

Edward dAuvergne i_am_the_true_bugman at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 3 03:49:25 GMT 2006

David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote: On Thursday 02 March 2006 09:00, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
> I would like to request that when files are copied within konqueror
> that the file attributes, specifically the date and time of the file,
> are preserved.  For certain operations such as copying photographs
> from digital cameras, files flash media, etc, this feature as a
> default would be greatly appreciated.

As Ismail said I just fixed this for directories and for file:<->system: and it will
now be possible to fix it for other protocols, but it should already work for file: -> file: copies.
Which protocols were you using to make those copies?

The issue comes from a few people I've introduced to GNU/Linux and are downloading from digital cameras and transferring files between machines using USB keys.  I therefore don't exactly remember the protocols used.  For the keys and an Olympus camera I think it's file: to file:, but for a Canon camera I think it is usb: to file: rather than camera: to file: (I could be wrong).