connection keep-alive

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Mar 2 19:55:25 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 20:36, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> On Thursday 02 March 2006 08:10, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > The attached patch moves the connection keep alive check out of this
> > clause.... however, can anyone comment on this logic? What is the reason
> > for having this set of header checks disabled for non http1.1 responses?
>
> According to RFC2068 the connection keep-alive token is permitted in an
> http1.0 header. If no-one can recall why this response was disallowed for a
> 1.0 header then I'll commit moving it out of the check.

I looked up the thread on NTLM proxies I started at the end of December, which
is also about Connection: headers, but that seems to be at the client's end,
not at the server. You may want to reread it to double-check though.

Apart from that, Dawit Alemayehu <adawit at kde.org> is the kio-http guru, and
he's in the US timezone, give him at least 24 hours to respond, and even that
is quite fast. 48 hours might be more polite.

--
Martijn