KWin key bindings (Re: making fallback access keys configurable)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Mar 2 14:12:19 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 13:45, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> and don't get me started on the Win-key-alone-activates-KMenu feature.

Well, the alternative that you introduced (meta-menu) has never worked for me
though. Likewise meta-scroll lock for locking the desktop has never worked.
Eventually I assigned alt-f1 to the KMenu one and borrowed meta-l from
Windows for desktop locking.

Until I reinstalled my laptop a couple of weeks ago I thought it to be my
setup, but now I still have the problem, so I should probably report a bug on
that.

>  s/non-configurable/default/ . And I silently removed Ctrl+Tab from KWin's
> defaults some time ago and it seems nobody has noticed (or complained, at
> least). So much for never changing shortcuts. Removing Ctrl+Tab from KWin's
> defaults has more benefits that loses and IMHO that's also the case of the
> Ctrl alone shortcut for accesskeys.

What's the equivalent of ctrl-tab in the 4-modified keyboard scheme? meta-tab
used to cycle through all desktops (show a popup like alt-tab does too) and
still does here at work with KDE 3.4. With KDE 3.5 at home I can't for the
life of me get that behaviour back. The kcontrol module has a couple of
actions regarding desktop switching, but none I tried seem to be the good old
KDE 3.4-version.

--
Martijn