Buffer overflow in CGI kioslave?

Juergen Pfennig info at j-pfennig.de
Wed Jun 21 08:00:54 BST 2006

On Tue June 20 2006 23:21, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 June 2006 05:03, Juergen Pfennig wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > somebody reported a CGI bug the causes addition spaces to be inserted
> > in the output HTML. Unfortunately I have to confirm this. The bug happens
> > if the output is lengthy and becomes not always visible. But is still
> > reproducable.
..
> Regards,
>  - Michael Pyne

Hello Michael,
thanks for the patch. I am trying to write some docu on CGI-kioslave. Attached
you find a little shell script that is a Konqueror/CGI/Html/Javascript based
logfile viewer. It can produce a lot of output so that occasionally the extra
space problem becomes visible. On the query page my name gets rendered as
"J&u uml;rgen" for example. When called from a console the script registers
it's installation folder for CGI and starts Konqueror with the query page.
Yours
Jürgen